Bake, take photos and store.
I spent the last few days trying to work on myself rather than on the blog, on photos, on the dissertation, on jobs etcetera. I have been working on my self-confidence, which has been lacking more and more lately (and with lately I ean a couple of years). Sometimes it works for a few hours, I feel better and relieved, but then it all comes back with the interest.
We baked these cookies to bring to a dinner we went to on Saturday. They are based on a recipe found in my favorite cookbook I mentioned in the last post. Very easy to make, simple to “personalize” and delicious.
Crumbly Cookies – Basic Cookie Dough
- 200 g softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 90 g sugar
- 270-300 g flour
- 1 egg (optional)
- Mix the softened butter with the vanilla extract and the sugar until smooth
- Add flour (just mix, never knead)
- Put the dough in a plastic bag and refrigerate for one hour
- Preheat the oven at 175 °C
- Take the dough out of the fridge, place parchment paper on a baking pan, and make little balls of dough
- place the balls on the parchment paper and press with a fork (to avoid sticking use a little flour on the fork)
- Beat the egg and brush the surface of the cookies with it
- Personalize: we added cinnamon and sugar on some, cocoa on others and some almonds on others
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until they’re golden-brown