On Saturday Roberto and I drove to Turin to pick up the last things I left in my apartment and leave it. forever.
There are not many things I will miss, but among the few I will miss:
- The empty bottles of wine on the fridge. With all their dates and the names of who drunk them with us.
- The frogs. My roommate and I love frogs, and our apartment was full of them, everywhere. And with everywhere I mean cups, puppets, toothbrush holder, pens, blankets, oh I could go on for hours.
- My bed. It was the most comfortable bed, even if not the most beautiful.
- One particular mug. I loved its colour, but it was not mine. Sad.
- The market and my favorite fruit and vegetables stall.
- Turin. A beautiful city.
Now, on the other hand, what I won’t miss:
- Being alone most of the time / Life with my (almost never there) roommate.
- The neigbours quarreling and yelling every single day.
- The bars of the windows.
- The nice parties my other neighbours threw. I loved the music, they played piano, sung etc but they always happened to be the night before an exam.
- Freezing in the winter.
- Studying day and night.
- Some problems of these past two years, that I hope I left once and for all closing that door.
I did not feel much sadness and I was happy to come back to the nature. I know Turin will always be one of my favorite cities and I have lots of photos of the beautiful city to show you later on. But life is much better for me.